Virtual Civic Hack & Map Night
San Jose, California, United States
* How to attend Civic Hack Night? ***
Register for the Zoom call: https://bit.ly/3oFPSwi
Join the Zoom call when the event starts
* How to start getting involved with Code for San Jose? ***
Join our Slack Organization: https://bit.ly/3f78NML
Read the Code of Conduct: https://www.codeforsanjose.org/volunteer.html
* What is Code for San Jose? *** Code for San José is a community of volunteers that collaborate on civic projects to make government & community services more accessible, equitable, and transparent. We are a Code for America brigade of makers, designers, developers, community activists and subject matter experts who come together to use tech to solve civic problems.
* What is Civic Hack Night? *** Civic Hack Night is a time where all Code for San Jose members convene to hear organization announcements, listen to community project pitches, and demonstrate their project process.
All people are welcome to attend!
** Civic Hack Night Agenda ** Slide deck with agenda and project descriptions: https://bit.ly/3qSu4PU
- 6:30 - 6:35 PM: Welcome
- 6:35 - 7:00 PM: Overview, Announcements, Project Demos, Project Pitches
7:00 - 8:50 PM: Breakout sessions
Option 1: New members stay on the zoom call for onboarding
- Option 2: Join your project team in a separate virtual call to do project work
* Frequently Asked Questions *** https://www.codeforsanjose.org/faq.html
* Make a donation *** At Code for San José, civic tech means so much more than helping communities understand and navigate local government. It also means working harder than ever to reach more people and communities.
Please consider donating $5.00. Your gift will help us fund: website hosting, t-shirts, usability testing incentives, and other supplies we use for our projects.
Make a donation: https://www.codeforsanjose.org/#donate