UN Mappers - OSM and humanitarian mapping training - session #7
The UN Maps crowdsourcing team is offering an online training workshop on "OpenStreetMap and humanitarian mapping" in Portuguese for beginners, for 9 weeks straight.
The workshop will cover the following topics:
- Presentation of the "UN Maps" initiative.
- Presentation of the OSM project, its governance, and how to join the community
- OpenStreetMap and humanitarian and development action
- OSM cartography with satellite imagery in urban and rural areas
- OSM mapping in the field with smart phones
- OSM data retrieval in various formats
Registration is now closed, but it is possible to follow as a free listener via MS Teams (click on the "Event website" button for a Google Doc with the link).
The day's session will cover the following topics:
OSM mapping for humanitarian and development: brief history and stakeholders
JOSM mapping :
- advanced mapping features
- basics of landcover mapping