San José Civic Action Night
San Jose, California, United States
ActionSpot and online
The South Bay OpenStreetMap community is joining Code for San José for its first in-person Civic Action Night (Hack Night) in over two years. Our venue will be at ActionSpot, just on the edge of downtown San Jose, but you can call in if you’re unable to make it in-person.
Join us for Civic Hack Night, where community members use their skills to make San José, and the South Bay, a better place. Teams will present their project demos for completed or work in progress.
If San Jose is a little far for some there here is the link to register for the zoom session.
Register for the Zoom call (join the Zoom call when the event starts)
If you are new to Code for San José, please do this before the meetup:
- Review the Code of Conduct.
- Join the Slack channel and check out our GitHub.
- Watch the Code for America Brigades information video.
- Check out our updated list of projects and their needs.
What to bring to this meetup:
- If you have a laptop, please bring it.
- Reusable water bottle
- Pen or pencil
- 6:00 - 6:30 PM: Networking & Food
- 6:30 - 7:00 PM: Welcome and Project Demos
- 7:00 - 8:30 PM: Team breakouts & Catalyze SV Community Event meeting.
New volunteers will join the leadership team member to learn more about Code for San Jose projects. We will try to match you with a project, but it may not happen within the first meeting. Before the meeting, please read up on the current projects link listed above.
- 8:30 - 8:45 PM: Wrap up, report back
What is Code for San Jose? Code for San José is a place people gather to work on open-source projects that benefit our community. We are a volunteer organization made up of makers, designers, developers, and subject matter experts who come together to use tech to solve civic problems. Learn more about our current projects.
How to get here The venue is a bike ride/scooter ride from the Caltrain Diridon station, and close to VTA bus lines.
Where to park: There is street parking and a parking lot next to and behind the building.